Of all the things you wear, your smile is the most important.
It's the first thing people notice about you and when you feel good about it......it shows. We at Positive Dental Health can help you make your smile brighter and improve your overall appearance. Teeth Whitening is the most popular cosmetic dental procedure because it can greatly improve how your teeth look. At our practice we offer the most competitive price for teeth whitening in Canberra. Call us to discuss.
What is it?
Teeth whitening involves bleaching your teeth to make them lighter. Teeth whitening can’t make your teeth brilliant white, but it can lighten the existing colour by several shades.
What is it used for?
Teeth can become stained and discoloured due to following reasons
- Using Tobacco
- Drinking dark coloured liquids such as coffee, cola, tea and red wine
- Not taking good care of your teeth
- Also with age
- Intrinsic staining caused by use of certain medications as a kid
Teeth whitening improves the appearance as in the above conditions
It is highly recommended to have one’s teeth checked before whitening treatment. Other dental problems can affect the success of tooth whitening. For example if you have cavities or receding gums, the whitening process may make your teeth sensitive and may not yield the desired effect.
How it’s done?
Teeth whitening is done in two ways at Positive Dental Health.
- Bleaching gels: The dentist will take an impression of your teeth to make custom trays and will instruct you how to use it with bleaching gel. Then using your tray at home, you regularly apply the gel for a specified period of time over two to four weeks
- Zoom Whitening: we have invested in this technology which has a fast and effective way of whitening your teeth. Philips Zoom gives you the radiant results you want with a variety of whitening options to fit your lifestyle. And when it comes to whitening like with everything having to do with your smile your dentist is your best resource. That's why only dental professionals have access to the professional-strength whitening of Philips Zoom.This is where a bleaching product is systematically applied onto your teeth and then a high intensity light is shone on them to activate the whitening. This procedure can be completed in about an hour.
Whitening is not a permanent solution. The stains may come back. If you smoke or consume a lot of staining foods or drinks, you may see the whiteness fade in as little as a month. If you avoid these sources of staining, you may not need another whitening treatment for 6 to 12 months.
Whitening is unlikely to cause serious side effects, although some people’s teeth may become more sensitive for a short while. Women should not have their teeth whitened while pregnant. The effect of whitening materials on development of fetus is not known.